Saturday, April 26, 2008

As term 1 starts..

The pre-terms are coming to an end. And term 1 is going to start in a few days. I can sense the air getting thinner around me, I do not see the same number of people that I have become used to now. Things change rapidly at ISB. Perhaps its on purpose, after all, as a manager, one will be required to adjust to changes really quickly.
This week was a breeze though, after all the running around during orientation week, I found some time to think this week and decided what all I want to do here. I am glad I took the pre terms. Brushing up stats was necessary and got some basic idea about accounting as well. The fact that I learnt that a debit is actually an ‘add’ and credit is a ‘subtract’ was my takeaway from the accounting course. It’s surprising as to how ignorant I am about some basic things!!
Though the week went by smoothly (read ‘not hectic’), there was a lot of activity that happened this week. There were numerous club presentations by enthusiasts, people who will probably go on to become club presidents etc.
I gained a lot of ground on my idea which was to have a focus group on telecom, started off with 9 people in the first meeting and today, in the second meeting, 16 people attended. We have a set agenda focused more on learning rather than placements; however, I am curious to see if we can attract more telecom companies to campus this time. Well, another eventful week at ISB came to an end.

No comments: